Dear St. Mary Parishioners,
We are overjoyed to "Reconnect" with each other as we resume public participation in the Mass on May 30 & 31. I know there are many questions, such as: “What will be different?” and “How can we attend?” First, allow me to speak to what will be the same.
The Mass. The Eucharist. These never change. We will still celebrate the Mass with the same reverence and devotion as before. Our Lord’s True Presence, Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity has, is and always will be the source and summit of our Faith. Also not changing will be our live-streaming of all daily Masses and some weekend Masses.
What has changed:
- Mass schedule – as previously noted:
- At St. Mary: 4:30pm (Sat)
6:15am (no music), 8, 10, NOON & 6pm
- Our Capacity – Space will be limited to "Save room for the Holy Spirit."
- Our Entry - All entry into our church buildings will be through the Sandusky St. entrances only.
- Open doors mean we are able and ready to receive you. Closed doors mean we are not able or ready to receive you. Doors will open approximately 15 minutes prior to the start of Mass and remain open 5 minutes after the start of Mass.
- Sacristy access is restricted to clergy and necessary ministers only.
- Greater Emphasis on Hygiene/Sanitizing -
- All high touch surfaces will be disinfected between Masses.
- Kindly wash your hands prior to arriving for Mass and bring your own hand sanitizer.
- Masks are highly encouraged, kindly bring your own. All ministers distributing Holy Communion will do so wearing a face covering for your sake.
How do we attend?
- If you are feeling ill or not comfortable being in public – stay home.
- The dispensation from attending Sunday Mass has been extended indefinitely.
- Sign-up to attend Sunday Masses – this ensures you have a seat!
- Admission to Mass at ST. MARY will be by sign-up only. If you did not sign up you will not be admitted at St. Mary at this time.
- To sign up to attend Mass at St. Mary kindly visit www.stmarychurch.com. Those without internet or with specific needs may call the office at 419-447-0898.
- Sign-up for Weekend Masses opens the prior Monday at 8am and will close Thursday evening at 5pm.
- Follow the helpful instructions of the volunteers
- There will be volunteers at the doors welcoming attendees, directing you to available seats and assisting throughout the Mass with times of movement.
As we enter into these final days of preparation let us all join in the annual Diocese of Toledo Pentecost Novena from Friday, May 22 – Sunday, May 31. Prayers may be found on the Diocesan Website: www.toledodiocese.org.
I will host a Facebook Live Q&A Thursday, May 21 at 7:30pm from my Facebook profile Father-Matthew Rader so that you can ask all the questions you might have in the comments section.
It is my prayer that these instructions along with the efforts of the parish reconnect/reopen committee will help you to feel safe and comfortable returning to the public celebration of Mass.
Monday through Friday
8:00 am - Noon, 1:00 pm-5:00 pm
Closed on holidays.
*Deadline for publication in the next Sunday Bulletin:
copy must be received by noon on Monday.
Get in the loop!
You may have seen a sign like the one below on the doors in the church. Thanks to generous donors we have what is called a "hearing loop" installed in the church. This is a type of assistive listening system (ALS) that transmits sound directly to a listener's telecoil-enabled hearing aids or cochlear implants, for improved clarity and understanding. For more information about how this works you can call the parish office or go to http://hearingloop.org/