St. PIus X History

Father Maurice Herman celebrated the first Mass in Sycamore, OH in 1951, in an empty furniture store.  In 1954 a newly built church was named in honor of Pope Pius X.  The parish became a mission church to St. Peter in Upper Sandusky in 1955 and then to St. Mary in Kirby for a brief 5 months in 1967 and then to St. Joseph in Tiffin, and finally in 2000 to St. Mary in Tiffin.